LASHRM STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
La Crosse Area SHRM offers one $500 scholarship to a student pursuing a career in human resources. Applications are accepted in the spring of every year with the recipients being announced in early December.
• Enrolled as a full time student in a two or four year business related undergraduate program, such as human resources or related course of study at a Wisconsin college or university
• Overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
• LASHRM Student Member preferred
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
• All-around academic standing
• Participation in university and community activities
• Demonstration of leadership qualities
• Interest in the human resources field
• Preference will be given to Human Resource Management majors and those with relevant and related work experience
To be considered for a scholarship, students must provide the following information:
• A purpose statement one page in length describing why you are pursuing a degree in HR or your related field
• Current resume
• List all school activities, including SHRM and relevant organizations, in which you have participated during your college experience.
• List all community activities in which you have participated without pay.
• Note all special awards, honors, and offices held. Include participation in any research projects as well.
• Transcript (official or unofficial)
All scholarship applications must be submitted by November 1, 2021 to be considered. All applicants will be notified by December 2021.