Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Update
ft. Maria E. Flores
During this meeting, Maria will:
- Discuss status of the EEO-1 data collection
- Review and discuss importance of the latest EEOC enforcement and litigation data
- Review and discuss EEOC’s technical guidance on COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Discuss other potential EEO implications of COVID-19 including harassment and age discrimination
- Review and discuss the EEOC’s technical guidance on the ADA and the opioid epidemic so as to clarify existing legal requirements under the law
- Discuss EEOC’s six-month pilot programs to increase voluntary resolution of EEOC cases
Maria E. Flores began her 29-year tenure with the EEOC in 1991 as the first Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) Investigator with the EEOC Milwaukee District Office. She also served in a dual-capacity on the District’s “Systemic Team” where she specialized in investigating high-profile, class-action discrimination cases. Maria was twice awarded national EEOC Chair awards for the investigation and successful resolution of high-profile immigrant worker cases which had national impact and significant litigation results.
For over 18 years Maria has coordinated and conducted EEO training; educational outreach; technical assistance; and public relations on a national and regional level as the Outreach and Training Manager for the six-state EEOC Chicago District. She has a proven record as a highly-rated EEO speaker and trainer to thousands of employees and diverse employers, including government agencies at all levels as well as Fortune 500 and global companies. Maria has also been enlisted by EEOC Headquarters to serve on numerous national workgroups.
Maria received her B.A. from Marquette University and was named a 2019 Marquette University Alumni National Recipient of the “Person for Others” award. Maria has served as a volunteer on diverse nonprofit boards and committees committed to civil rights, diversity, restorative justice, community service, and the arts.
If you'd like more information on Sponsoring an upcoming meeting visit: https://bit.ly/31ePDMM